Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Welcome Back to Blogging

So if you look at the blogging history for our blog, you can see that we have not blogged in a really really long time. And, we definitely don't blog often. I want to change this. Since we have Samantha I want to be able to chronicle pictures of our beautiful family more than just uploading phone pictures to facebook. So, I am going to start at the beginning.

I was born September 22, 1983.....just kidding. Let me start at the beginning with little Samantha.

Let me start a litte further back. For those of you who don't know, or need a recap, Sean and I now live in Utah. Last September, Sean decided to look for a teaching job out west. He spent a few days working on his resume and then got on a teacher website and saw a job posting at a charter school in Lindon. It turned out that his college bishop was the brother of a board member for this charter school. Sean made a phone call then got a phone call for his resume. Later that day, he got a call from the school and a scheduled skype interview the next day. The interview went really well and since they needed to fill the job immediately, he had a job offer that Saturday. A week later he was moving to Utah. He moved into my parents basement while i stayed in Texas to sell our house. Sean flew out for Thanksgiving with his Mom and we painted two rooms in our house. We were lucky to be able to sell the house December 28th. Sean flew out December 22nd and we packed everything up, closed on the house, and got in the car to drive to Utah. Our trip back to Utah is a story itself....but that is for another blog.

So, you are probably wondering, how is all of this "starting with Samantha". Well, it was the week of Christmas, just a few days before Sean flew to Texas, that I decided to take a pregnancy test. I didn't really think that I was pregnant, but I was "late" and had one in my drawer. I took the test, hopped in the shower and after the shower I looked at the test. Two lines. I was shocked. It hasn't ever looked like that before. I took a picture and sent it to Sean who was already at work. He immediately called and said "who is he?". We laughed and were both pretty speechless. (if you are trying to figure out how....remember Sean visited for Thanksgiving). I told Sean that on my way to work I was going to purchase the more expensive pregnancy test, the one with the digital read out to be sure. The first time I took it, I got an error message. Had to wait another hour. Took the test again, and yes, I was pregnant!!!

Here is the ultrasound picture the doctor did at our 8 week appointment. The baby is growing!!That is all for now, next blog will be our funny journey from Texas to Utah.....while 5 weeks pregnant.

No comments: