Monday, April 21, 2008

NOOO! Not summer, anything but Summer!!

For the past month, the weather here has been awesome. I love the whole 70-80 degree thing, and the nights are pretty cool, mostly around 60. It has been really quite nice. Relaxing in the awesome hammock is the coolest, and working in the yard is not torture. Oh the great spring weather in Texas.

But, this morning I woke up to something quite disturbing. It was warmer outside than it was inside at 8 in the morning, which can mean only one thing. Summer. (if you listen carefully enough, you can hear a piece of me dying) I hate Texas summers. They are hot, they are humid, I am sticky, and there is no relief unless you have air conditioning. The shade is the same temperature as in the sun. It is just wrong. (more dying)


I have only one hope, fall. It is now only a short 7 or so months away. I now begin the long trek through summer, and hope that dehydration does not take me before I get to fall. It very well may, and I may welcome it, it depends on how hot it gets this year. I pray for rain. Please, if you call yourself friend, pray with me.

4 comments:

David and Taryn said...

Wow Sean, it sounds like you really are dying a little bit! :) Sorry you might melt this summer! I'm glad you found our blog. Now we can actually keep up on what's new. Tell Rachelle Hi for us.

B said...

I would like to know what it's like to have spring already. It was in the high 60s and sunny for 2-3 days the weekend before last, but besides that it's been in the 50s except it snowed and hailed last saturday and sunday.
Sorry to hear it's getting hot in TX.

Paul and Joni said...

Holy crap, look at my blog...we are definately on the same page here...freakin summer.

Colleen Marble said...

sucks to be you!!
kidding!!!!!
come visit san diego.. the weather here is always perfect. Maybe that is why a 2 bedroom condo costs $450,000.00!! Oh, the price we pay for luxury...